FrXsH - Interview


This is BASX Music's first official interview. We will be sitting down with rapper FrXsh
http://www.myspace.com/frxshmusic
http://twitter.com/FrXsH

1. What inspired you to become a rapper and Who were some of your influences?
When I went to sarah t. reed high school my first day there at lunch time. I walked in the gym an saw this big ass crowd so I thought it was a fight so I went to the middle of the crowd and saw these dudes rappin. They was gettin ooohhs nn aahhs and I wanted that same center of attention feeling .... That "these people r listenin to every word I say an lovin it" feeling. so I started going home an writing everyday secretly.

2. How do you feel about the current state of hip hop?
I have mixed feelings like even tho the dance songs is not my skii-lo I cant knock it because A.Its feeding they family.B.Dancing been in hip-hop since the beginning the problem I have is the lyrics....It takes me about 3 hours 2 write 1 verse not. because I'am not a good rapper its because I'am to good of a artist I take pride in my songs so I put my best in every letter every bar an every verse lol I'am perfectionist with each song an I just wish other musicians would look at this art we call music the same way.

3. What do you bring to hip hop that excludes you from others?
Well for one my goal is to merge hip-hop with every kind of music country,rock and whatever. I'am actually workin on two techno songs rit now. Meaning I'am not scared to think of hop outside the box an try new things surprise people and I listen to all kinds of music because I feel like how can u even be the best in music period if u only like gangsta rap or heavy metal u have to merge music to appeal to a bigger fanbase.

4. Who do u compare yourself to?
At different times it was different people but at this moment no one ..other compairs me but I feel like (as should everybody). Like I hav no comp. the only reason people arnt the best is because they dont put forth the effort they dont think long enough. about each line they rather play then practice but everyone all my life been sayin that I am weird an in my eyes.Weird = different different = unique unique = somethin someone rarely ever seen bfor a.k.a. SOMETHIN FrXsH

5. Who is your favorite rapper right now?
Slick rick da ruler will always be my favorote rapper ....I can still throw on one of his cds to this day an rap word for word.

6. If you could choose one, what would you say is your all time favorite FrXsH song?
"Thats da truth" in that song is basically about me putting music first in my life over everything even women chorus. "2 ALL DA LADIES THAT WANT 2 B MY MRS.// IM MARRIED 2 DA MUZIK SO U CAN B MY MISTRESS"

7. Is there any new projects you're working on right now that you can fill us in on?
"Married 2 muzik mixtape"-releasing late/early august
.FrXsH & Robbie D. love collabo album called "DA FrXsHeSt LoVe"


8. Any artist many have never heard of, but should be on the lookout for?

artist spotllight @rezburnamusic @jboytoto @msporsh @Inertia09 @Taronica @TyCity @iDiamante @NobodyCaresDude @static1271 @PunkyTheSinger @bdotjay @workhard_legion @PReTTiiBOyyReQ
but most of all my lil dude named june he under my wing im teachin him how 2 progress n rap so if i never make it he will

9. Whats your favorite place you performed at?
7th annual white linen affair (fashion show) it was hugh ...announced on tha radio n all that

10. Who inspired you the most?
Different things in my life different artist to >>from isley brothers to jay z but what gave me the extra push to make it was. Hurricane katrina was my biggest inspiration and I wanna give my momma/grandmaw everything dis word has even if they dont want it.

shout out 2 my deslonde fam & *****stay FrXsH ...neva ExPiRe******


No comments:

Post a Comment