Youngest Oldest - Interview

BASX Music interview with Youngest Oldest!
http://www.myspace.com/youngestoldest


1. How does it feel to be repping the 702 when we dont have a strong hip hop history?
Just to clarify, shout out to Vegas, but I feel like I rep for all over, being raised in the south (Pine Bluff, Arkansas) born in Chicago. As for the hip hop history...it's a perfect opportunity for me to "make" history, and I feel good about it.

2. Who are some of your influences?
I'm really influenced by Tupac. His music is so timeless and always relevant...that's how I want my music to be. Others include Biggie, Chamillionaire, Kanye, Jay Z...more artist with a message behind the music...you know the hit makers, not the one hit wonders....! LOL!

3. How do you feel about the current state of hip hop?
Honestly, in my opinion, I respect any man and or female getting at there money. The way they do it, doesn't necessarily mean I have to agree with it. So no, I am not a fan of the current hip hop state, more one hit wonders than actual song-writers. It just looks to me like everyone's being followers, I'm more of a trend setter!

4. What excludes you from other rappers?
Wow! That's a great question. My name for one, Youngest Oldest, young body, old soul says it all. I think my overall style, drive and determination. If I say I'm going to do something, I do it. I'm a person of action, I have no manager as of right now, no extra promotion, no large fan base, but still manage to become the number unsigned Rap/Hip Hop Artist in the state on NV. I'm a strong minded individual. My life tribulations have made me who I am.

5. Why do you think your still unsigned?
Umm...I just haven't really put myself out there...I'm working more on the business side for myself first, then when I feel I have a strong enough product, I'll strike.

6. One of your songs is about your daughter. How is she doing?
She's good....she'll be 8mos on the 15 of this month...she's saying Dad-Da...standing up on her own...man she my world...I just want her to be able to go through life without all the drama I had to endure.

7. Anything New your working on?
I'm actually working on a few joints for the ladies. I have my artist JayREALism. We're working on his material, just trying to put my hands on everything...


8. Wanna shout out to anyone?
Why not...to all the Vegas hopefuls, keep doing yall thing, my gone put on for the city...to all my people in Pine Bluff and Chicago...I told yall I was going to do it....and last but no least, shout out to my beautiful daughter...Jaelynn Renee!!! 11-15-08 8lbs 4oz 20inches...

No comments:

Post a Comment